CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO WINTER PARALYMPICS
- Winter Sports must be practised in 8 countries and 2
- Must be practised in a National Organisation recognised
by the IPC or the National Organisation responsible for sport for athletes
with a disability and recognised by the relevant able bodied International
- Countries must conduct National Championship at least
once every 2 years.
- Each Country must have participated in an international
- The IPC will address applications for new sports at
least 6 years prior to the Winter Games in question.
- The application for new sports must be reviewed by the
Paralympic Programme Committee and recommendations presented to IPC Sports
Council Management Committee.
- The application for new sports must be made by the
sport section/federation/organisation recognised by the IOSD, IF of IPC
- Team events must have a minimum of 4 countries
- A new event must be a full medal event in at least one
IPC recognised World Championship Programme.